Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lots to update on

Well, quite a few things have happened in the past few months. We have learned more about this precious child and the birth mother. She is due by c-section on July 9th but cannot sign her paperwork until July 11th under FL law. The birth mother and I have communicated by e-mail (through our social worker only) over the past couple of months. This situation took a while to adjust to (the fact that she and I would communicate). I have since accepted it this way...should this child end up ours, I want to soak in all I can about the birth mother so that one day I can tell her what she was like. Because, as much as everyone wants to believe she won't, one day it would be only natural for our child to want to know what her birth mother was like. I want to give this woman all the credibility I can. She is worthy of our respect! I cannot imagine the emotions she must be going through and I won't pretend that I know. But, I do know that she is doing the most selfless thing a human being can do. She has pushed all her own emotions aside and is trying to do what is best for this child. Of course, she can change her mind and she possibly might. But, at the end of the day, she could make that decision and there is not one thing I can do about it. We have chosen to not let this consume our lives. I could worry, cry and be obsessive every minute...but that will in no way affect her decision in July. If this child is meant to be with us...God will place her in our arms. And if not, there is another baby who needed us more. We have chosen to look at this whole situation in a positive light and take each day as it comes. Thanks for checking in on us!

No comments: